Is your Sweet Tooth calling? Well, another occasion for candy indulging is fast approaching for those who celebrate the Easter holiday. According to the National Confectioner’s Association, Americans consumed more than $2.20 billion worth of candy in 1 year.
With choices like jelly beans, chocolate bunnies and eggs and marshmallow choices of the same, the demand for more variety continues to increase as Candy makers scurry to please the masses. A simple observation to the apparent doubling of space allotted to Easter candy alone would attest to this fact.
Speaking of Jelly Beans, here are some interesting little facts:
- Americans consume 16 billion jellybeans at Easter, many of them hidden in baskets.
- If all the Easter jellybeans were lined end to end, they would circle the globe nearly three times
- Cherry is the most popular Jelly Bean flavor overall
As for chocolate options, ninety million chocolate bunnies alone are produced each year. I bet you’re saying… ”it’s always a good day for chocolate”, and I might just agree. It’s a good thing the variety of sizes, shapes, and flavors are pretty wide, with adults favoring milk chocolate 3 to 1 over dark.
Let’s not forget the Peeps! For the marshmallow lovers here are a few facts:
- Americans buy more than 700 million Marshmallow Peeps, shaped like chicks yearly
- As many as 5 million Marshmallow Peeps, bunnies and other shapes are made each day in preparation for Easter
- These marshmallow varieties are the most popular non-chocolate Easter candy to date
- The Yellow Peep is the most popular color, followed by other pastel colors
Well, all this ‘sweet talk’ sure makes me want to load up on the good stuff. How about you? Take a ‘hop’ on over to my Candy Store to view the options you can enjoy this time around.
By: Yanna Bgood